We are Mike and Angie Chute and have been growing roses for over twenty-five years in our East Providence, Rhode Island garden. We have presented gardening programs, lectures and seminars at such venues as the Boston, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Newport Flower Shows as well as the University of Rhode Island Master Garden programs and NBC10’s Plant Pro. We also speak at numerous garden clubs and other organizations throughout the Northeast.
As a way to reach more home gardeners and landscape professionals, we started RoseSolutions, a landscape consulting company that offers educational programs, workshops, seminars and consulting services on rose horticulture. To further our goal of reaching every gardener who wants to know more about rose gardening, we have established this web site: www.RoseSolutions.net
- Authors of Roses for New England: A Guide to Sustainable Rose Gardening (Forbes River Publishing) and Rose Gardening Season by Season: A Journal for Passionate Gardeners (Forbes River Publishing)
- Bloggers of The Rose Journal blog, (www.therosejournal.wordpress.com)
- Publishers of the Northeast Rose Gardener, a quarterly e-newsletter
- Garden writers for numerous magazine including the American Rose Society’s American Rose
- Guest Editors of the American Rose Society’s 2008 Annual magazine
- Consultants for the University of Rhode Island Chet Clayton Rose Garden (Kingston, RI) and the Anderson Rose Garden (Attleboro, MA)
- Authors of the rose chapter of the University of Rhode Island Master Gardeners Sustainable Garden Manual
- American Rose Society Master Rosarians
- American Rose Society Horticulture Judge (Mike)
- Founding members and past presidents of the Rhode Island Rose Society
Besides growing roses, talking about roses, and writing about roses, we enjoy exhibiting roses by competing in rose shows throughout New England and Montreal, winning our fair share of awards. Most of our non-gardening time is spent traveling, both domestically and abroad, and we often share these travels on our blog.
We hope you enjoy exploring our web site !
Graham Thomas English Box
RI Rose Society Rose Show