It’s not difficult to grow healthy, beautiful roses in New England, but sometimes it takes a little help.
- Want a rose garden, but don’t know what varieties to plant? We can lend a hand. We start with a conversation regarding your expectations and what it will take to achieve them. We can work with you or your landscape architect with the goal of avoiding future problems by selecting the right roses to plant in your garden at the get-go.
- Unsure of how to layout rose beds? With over twenty year’s experience, we can provide guidance on mature plant size and growth habit, including suggestions for hardscape that adds interest and uniqueness to your rose garden. We can also be on-site advisors to your landscaper to insure that your roses are properly planted.
- Need help with planting, pruning, or fertilizing? We can conduct a “how-to” clinic in your garden or ours, insuring that you get off on the right foot. Why not invite some gardening friends and make it a fun gardening event which would help defray the cost? We can also develop a maintenance schedule and suggest what products to use.
- Confounded by insects and rose diseases? Half the battle is identifying the specific pest; then it’s a matter of selecting the best remedy for you.
- Have a garden design, but need a second opinion? We can review your plans and furnish an informed second opinion regarding rose placement and varieties.
- Are you a landscaper who has clients with roses? We can be your resource enabling you to expand your services to include roses.
Our fee for Consultation Services is $75. per hour (within 15-miles of our East Providence, RI location) with a 1-hour minimum. There is a mileage charge for areas further than 15 miles). Fee is payable at the time of the visit.
Bud grafting is a simple method of multiplying or cloning of a variety and we’ve been doing it every August for the past 19 years (read more about bud grafting in the Articles About Roses page). If you have a rose that’s been in the family forever or a variety that’s out of commerce, why not have a few replacement plants propagated? We can propagate, barring plant patent issues, these horticultural keepsakes or we can show you how.
If you’re curious about the grafting process, consider attending one of our grafting workshops scheduled each August. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment. Include your address and phone number.